Ucigame - Java Game Library
Welcome to Ucigame (pronounced oo-see-ga'-mee).
Ucigame is a Java package (library, API) that makes simple computer games easy to write.
Ucigame games are 2D and sprite based.
Follow the links above to learn about Ucigame.
The latest version of Ucigame is date-stamped 2010.12.16a.
You can download ucigame.jar which
includes everything you need to write your own Ucigame games.
If you are curious about the source code, you can
(the zip contains slightly out of date source code).
You can email the creator of Ucigame, Dan Frost,
at danfrost &part ucigame.org.
Changes since 2010.12.16 version:
- Fixed a problem with startScenexxx not always running before the
first loop of drawxxx.
Changes since 2009.10.15 version:
- Several improvements to the web site, including a section in Getting
Started about Eclipse.
Changes since 2008.05.30a version:
- Added new method Ucigame.setIconImage().
- Fixed a bug with Sprite.checkIfCollidesWith() and Sprite.collided().
- Better reporting of Exceptions thrown by user code in Ucigame.draw()
- Improved handling of Exceptions thrown during initialization
(usually out-of-memory issues).
- Prevented Sprite.getImage() and Sound.getSound() from being run
in field initialization, before the beginning of setup().
Changes since 2008.05.30 version:
- A bug in Sprite.setToFrame() was fixed.
- Method Sprite.reset() renamed to Sprite.restart().
Changes since 2008.02.16b version:
- Add the following methods to Sprite for support of animation
sequences: defineSequence(), currSequence(), play().
Removed playAnimationOnce(); its functionality is now part of play().
- Modified keyboard.typematicOn() and keyboard.typematicOff() to
accept key indicators (e.g. keyboard.UP) as parameters.
- Added new method keyboard.lastCharacter() which returns a String
holding the last printable character typed on the keyboard.
Bug fixes since 2008.02.16a version:
- Fixed bug which prevented a tiled Sprite from operating correctly.
- Corrected documentation to list the Sprite constructor for tiled Sprites.
- Created a Sprite constructor with parameters (Image, width, height).
Bug fix since 2008.02.16 version:
- Fixed bug which prevented startScene from working when running as an applet.
Changes since 2007.11.13 version:
- Many collision detection bug fixes, especially for PIXELPERFECT.
- Added onKeyRelease() callback method.
- Sprite.x() and Sprite.y() now return the exact double values, and
new methods xPixel() and yPixel() return ints reflecting the pixel
location of the Sprite.
Changes since 2007.09.12 version:
- Numerous small improvements to web pages.
- Several bug fixes, particularly to the "edge" sprites TOPEDGE,
BOTTOMEDGE, LEFTEDGE, and RIGHTEDGE.
- Made Ucigame fully compatible with Jave 1.5.
- Added three public constructors for Sprite.
- Added six parameter versions of Sprite.font() and canvas.font(),
which set the font color.
- Added improved mouse support: mouse.isAltDown(), mouse.isControlDown(),
mouse.isMetaDown(), mouse.isShiftDown(), mouse.wheelClicks(),
mouse.button(), and codable method onMouseWheelMoved().
- Added better control over animation with
Sprite.reset(), Sprite.setToFrame(), and Sprite.playAnimationOnce().